- 1 large cucumber halved, seeded and grated
- 1 tomato, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 ½ cups plain yogurt, drained in coffee filter or 2 layers of cheesecloth, set in sieve over bowl
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon plus pinch of cayenne pepper
Wrap grated cucumber in kitchen towel and squeeze dry. Whisk yogurt, mint, cumin, and cayenne pepper in medium bowl to blend. Add cucumbers and tomatoes; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.